Chocolaty dough with cherry and almond mix-ins will satisfy any dessert craving. A generous drizzle of sweet glaze takes these cookies to new chocolate heights.
Write a review
1 hr 45 min
1 hr 45 min
Ingredients for Almond-Chocolate-Cherry Cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce sweet baking, bittersweet, or semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 recipe Chocolate-Almond Glaze
Ingredients for Chocolate-Almond Glaze
- 1 ounce sweet baking, bittersweet, or semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Dash almond extract
Directions for Almond-Chocolate-Cherry Cookies
- In a medium bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add sugar, beating until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Stir in melted chocolate. Stir in flour. Fold in dried cherries and almonds. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls about 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Drizzle Chocolate-Almond Glaze over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
Directions for Chocolate-Almond Glaze
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate and butter. Heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract until smooth.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Calories 100, Total Fat 4g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 23mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 11g, Protein 1g
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/