Sugar cookie mix makes the base of a creamy cheesecake bar with a baked-in cherry filling. Made these and served them to 6 guests and all asked for the recipe. 🙂
Almond Streusel-Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Write a review
Cookie Base and Topping
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese (20 oz), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place cookie mix in large bowl. Cut in butter and 4 oz cream cheese, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat 20 oz cream cheese, the sugar, flour, almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked cookie base. Spoon pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved topping and almonds.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories 270, Total Fat 15g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/