Dotted with red and green fruit and nuts, this festive quick bread takes 20 minutes to put in the oven. Enjoy a slice for breakfast or serve with Christmas dinner.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded peeled apple (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour bottom only of 8x4-inch loaf pan. In large bowl with wooden spoon, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat in oil, 1/3 cup cider and eggs until smooth. Stir in apple, cranberries and 1/3 cup pistachios. Spoon and spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough of the 2 to 3 teaspoons cider for desired glaze consistency. Spread over top of bread. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons pistachios.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories 180, Total Fat 6g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 17g, Protein 3g
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/