Tried of turkey and ham at Christmas dinner? Try this flavorful beef tenderloin with delicious red pepper chutney. Click here for more Dinner recipes.
Beef Tenderloin with Citrus
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 3 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 beef tenderloin
- Kosher salt
- ½ c. orange marmalade
- ¼ c. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 2 oranges
- 1½ c. chopped roasted red peppers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line roasting pan or jelly-roll pan with foil. Add roasting rack to pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together oil, pepper, coriander, and 2 teaspoons mustard seeds; rub all over tenderloin. Sprinkle beef with 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Place beef on rack and roast 40 to 50 minutes or until desired doneness (140 degrees F for medium-rare). Cover loosely with foil and let rest at least 10 minutes Remove and discard string.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat marmalade, vinegar, sugar, fennel seeds, and remaining 1 teaspoon mustard seeds on medium-low just until marmalade melts, stirring to combine. Remove from heat; let cool.
- While chutney cools, from oranges, cut and discard peel and pith; cut out segments between membranes. Stir orange segments and red peppers into chutney. Place beef on platter; garnish with bay leaves and pink peppercorns. Serve with chutney.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/