When you want a one-bite dessert to star at your party, turn to these petits fours. Infused with bourbon and coffee, the flavors are as impressive as the presentation.
Bourbon-Brownie Petit Fours
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
Ingredients for Bourbon-Brownie Petit Fours
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup bourbon or milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 recipe Milk Chocolate Frosting and Semisweet Chocolate Glaze
Ingredients for Milk Chocolate Frosting and Semisweet Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 5 3/4 ounce package milk chocolate pieces
- 1 6 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces or 1 cup bittersweet chocolate pieces
Directions for Bourbon-Brownie Petit Fours
- In a medium saucepan melt and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set aside. In a small bowl stir together bourbon and coffee granules; set aside.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla and bourbon mixture.
- In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut off the edges of brownie; save for another use.
- For petits fours, cut brownies into 1- to 1-1/2-inch squares. Coat petits fours with Semisweet Chocolate Glaze.
- For Milk Chocolate Frosting, beat the reserved cooled milk chocolate mixture with an electric mixer about 30 seconds or until fluffy. Spoon frosting into a decorating bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe large rosettes in the center of each petit four.
Directions for Milk Chocolate Frosting and Semisweet Chocolate Glaze
- In a small saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. For Milk Chocolate Frosting, transfer 1/2 cup of the hot cream to a small bowl. Add milk chocolate pieces (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cover loosely and chill for 1 to 2 hours. For Semisweet Chocolate Glaze, add semisweet chocolate pieces to the remaining hot cream in saucepan, stirring until smooth. Set aside. When ready to glaze petits fours, reheat Semisweet Chocolate Glaze over medium-low heat to reach pouring consistency, stirring constantly.
- CLICK HERE to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 157, Total Fat 10g, Cholesterol 43mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 12g, Protein 2g
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/