Everything that’s irresistible about a candy bar just got rolled into one recipe—brownies on the bottom, frosting and peanuts in the middle and crunchy cereal on top.
Brownie Goody Bars
Write a review
3 hr 15 min
3 hr 15 min
- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16 oz container)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups (8 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
- Make and bake brownies as directed on box. Cool completely.
- Frost brownies with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making cereal mixture.
- Measure cereal into medium bowl; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set before cutting. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Calories 410, Total Fat 20g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 15%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/