Butter cream is a classic cupcake frosting made with sugar, butter, and eggs or egg whites. Less sweet than a butter frosting, butter cream has a silky-smooth texture. It spreads easily and pipes beautifully.
Butter Cream Frosting
Write a review
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Beat margarine or butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sifted powdered sugar alternately with milk beating well after each addition.
- Beat in additional milk, if necessary, to make of spreading consistency. Makes enough to frost tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch cake layers (12 servings).
- Per serving: 206 kcal cal., 8 g fat (5 g sat. fat, 22 mg chol., 86 mg sodium, 34 g carb. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/