Chicken Curry is one of my favorite meals. Making Indian at home doesn’t have to be intimidating. Click here for more Dinner & Everyday Meal recipes.
Write a review
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 15-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Basmati rice, cooked, for serving
- Naan, for serving
- Lemon wedges
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until softened and lightly golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken and sear until golden on all sides, 5 minutes more. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes more.
- Coat aromatics in spices and cook until very fragrant, less than a minute more. Pour in tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in heavy cream, then season with salt and pepper. Simmer until chicken pieces are cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice or with naan, with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/