Try a new take on delicious dumplings with chiles, cumin and cilantro to create an extra yummy soup. This soup is amazingly delicious!
Chili Chicken Soup with Cilantro Dumplings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded, chopped, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken, onion, chili powder and salt in oil, stirring frequently, until chicken is browned. Stir in broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix and milk until soft dough forms. Fold in cilantro, cumin and chile. Drop dough by 10 spoonfuls onto simmering soup. Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 400, Total Fat 13g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1770mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g, Protein 33g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/