Pull out the stops on this ultra-rich dessert, with the classic combo of chocolate and peanuts blending in an unforgettable cream pie. It’s incredibly tasty.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Truffle Pie
Write a review
2 hr 50 min
2 hr 50 min
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 450°F. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup whipping cream over medium-high heat until hot. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and the vanilla until smooth. Spread truffle filling in bottom of baked crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over truffle filling. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1/4 cup chocolate chips and the shortening uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Drizzle chocolate over pie; sprinkle with peanuts. Cut into wedges to serve. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- * Instead of making your own chocolate topping, use purchased chocolate topping instead.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 520, Total Fat 38g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g, Protein 9g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/