Simple make-ahead appetizers like this one are a welcome addition to the hectic holiday season.
Cranberry Blue Cheese Appetizers
Write a review
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust (from a box)
- 1 container (8 oz) chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 oz)
- 1/3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 16 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Unroll pie crust onto work surface. Using 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 16 rounds from crust. Place 1 crust round in each muffin cup, pressing down gently to form cup.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese spread, salt, pepper and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups, about 1 teaspoon each. Top each evenly with blue cheese.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove cups from pan. Garnish each mini cheesecake with 1/2 teaspoon cranberry sauce and 1 walnut piece.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/