Diabetic Black Forest Cake Roll
Write a review
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar*
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 recipe Cherry Cream Filling
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 10 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
Cherry Cream Filling
- 1/2 cup tub-style light cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries
Cake Roll Directions
- Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; grease and lightly flour paper. Set pan aside. In a small bowl stir together flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, the baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored. Fold in flour mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with unsweetened cocoa powder. Slowly peel off parchment paper. Starting from a short side, roll up towel and cake into a spiral. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare Cherry Cream Filling.
- Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cake with Cherry Cream Filling to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up cake and filling into a spiral. Trim ends. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours before serving. If desired, just before serving, drizzle whole cake with ice cream topping and garnish with cherries. Makes 10 (1 slice each) servings
Cherry Cream Filling Directions
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1/2 cup dessert topping; beat on low speed until just combined. Fold in another 1/2 cup dessert topping. Drain, stem, and pat dry maraschino cherries. Chop cherries and fold into cream cheese mixture. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Servings Per Recipe: 10, Carb Grams Per Serving: 30
- PER SERVING: 177 cal., 5 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 91 mg chol., 180 mg sodium, 30 g carb. (1 g fiber, 23 g sugars), 5 g pro.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/