Indulge in desserts and have diabetes? You bet, savor every last drizzle of caramel and crunchy pecans on creamy cheesecake! My two friends who both have diabetes are crazy about this recipe! I made this cheesecake for them many times.
Diabetic Creamy Vanilla-Caramel Cheesecake
Write a review
5 hr 5 min
5 hr 5 min
- 15 reduced-fat chocolate or vanilla wafer cookies, crushed (1/2 cup)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel) , softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites or 1/2 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free caramel topping
- Pecan halves, if desired
- Heat oven to 300°F. Spray springform pan, 9x3 inches, with cooking spray. Sprinkle cookie crumbs over bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, egg whites and vanilla. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add yogurt and flour. Beat on low speed until smooth.
- Carefully spread batter over cookie crumbs in pan. Bake 1 hour. Turn off oven; cool in oven 30 minutes with door closed. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Drizzle caramel topping over cheesecake. Garnish with pecan halves. Store covered in the refrigerator.
- * If you’re an almond or walnut lover, use them in place of the pecans.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories 175, Total Fat 7g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 0%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/