Dijon and mushrooms turn boring chicken into tasty chicken that can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. This recipe is very delicious. It tasted like a special chicken dish you would have in great restaurant.
Dijon Chicken Smothered in Mushrooms
Diabetic Friendly Recipe
Write a review
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic-seasoned chicken broth (from 14-oz can)
- 1 jar (4.5 oz) Green Giant™ sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh thyme, if desired
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. In shallow pan, stir together flour, salt and pepper.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of chicken with flour mixture. Cook chicken in hot oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to serving plate; cover to keep warm.
- Stir broth into skillet. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and mustard. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with thyme.
- * Try this recipe with pork tenderloin. Cut the tenderloin into 1-inch slices, and flatten as directed in step 1. Continue as directed, cooking until pork is no longer pink in center.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 240, Total Fat 11g, Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 750mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein 27g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/