Pockets of sweet cream cheese bake in a rich chocolate cake slathered with fudgy frosting. Love love love this cake. Made it for a coworker birthday and it was a big hit.
Fudge Lover's Cream Cheese Cake
Write a review
2 hr 15 min
2 hr 15 min
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow or devil's food cake mix
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla or chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over top of batter. Using table knife, swirl filling through batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 47 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread frosting over cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 480, Total Fat 25g, Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/