Cute little gingerbread boy pancakes are made easy with Bisquick® and spiced up with apple butter, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Apple butter can be found with the jams and jellies.
Gingerbread Boy Pancakes
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
Toppings, If Desired
- 1 can (6.4-oz size) Betty Crocker™ Easy Flow white decorating icing
- Small candies
- In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients with wire whisk until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary or spray with cooking spray before heating.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
- Using 3 1/2 to 4-inch gingerbread boy or girl cookie cutter, cut one shape from each warm pancake. Decorate as desired using icing and candies.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/