Pillsbury® Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough joins with the classic turtle trio of chocolate, caramel and nuts for a decadent treat.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Turtle Bars
Write a review
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spoon cookie dough in greased or sprayed 9-inch square pan; press evenly in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup pecans; gently press pecans into dough. Bake 15 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave Filling ingredients uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring twice, until caramels are melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over cooled base. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In another medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons whipping cream uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Pour over filling. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate until set, 1 to 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
- * For a special occasion when you want smaller treats, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Place cut bars in decorative mini foil baking cups. Visit a cake decorating supply store for the best selection of cups.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/