Groot Galaxy Cups are double dessert. A peanut butter cookie with a double-chocolate pudding cup. What a Groot-iful thing. Click here for more Cupcake recipes.
Groot Galaxy Cups
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
For the cookies
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 bottle black gel food coloring
- 1 bottle green gel food coloring
For the Pudding cups
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding mix (3.4 oz each)
- 4 c. cold milk
- 1 package Oreos
- Make the cookies: In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter, butter and sugars until fully combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then gradually add in flour mixture.
- Roll out dough so it’s 1/4-inch thick. Use a paring knife to cut out Groot shapes, tracing around the cutout from the printable stencil above (or freehand it). Use the tine of a fork or a toothpick to etch lines along the cookie to emulate Groot’s vine-like body.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes to prevent spreading.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Use black gel frosting to draw on eyes.
- Let cool completely, then use green gel frosting to highlight around baby Groot’s hairline.
- Make the pudding cups: Prepare pudding mix according to package instructions. Spoon into small plastic tumblers.
- Place Oreos in a gallon-sized resealable bag and crush with a spoon until finely crumbled and resembling dirt. Sprinkle Oreo crumbs on top of each pudding cup.
- Place a Groot cookie about 1/3 of the way into each pudding cup. Serve.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/