Warm and hearty! This rich Italian soup combines sausage, broccoli, tomatoes and, best of all, pasta. Very delicious, it will become a family favorite soup. 🙂
Italian Sausage Soup
Write a review
- 1 lb turkey Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup uncooked mostaccioli pasta (3 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes with basil (Italian style), undrained
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso™ Vegetable Classics French onion soup
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, breaking up tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mostaccioli is tender.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 230, Total Fat 8g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 1260mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g, Protein 16g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/