These Marshmallow Crunch Brownies are fudgy, chewy, and completely gluten-free. Taste like heaven.
Marshmallow Crunch Brownies
Write a review
For the brownies
- Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- 1 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 c. mini marshmallows
For the fudge topping
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. cocoa krispies
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Spray an 8"-x-8" pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate and butter. Cook, stirring often until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and mix until well combined. Add the cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt and stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until the edges of the brownies are mostly set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven and pour marshmallows on top. Return to oven and bake until the brownies are cooked through and the marshmallows are melty, about 10 minutes.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, make fudge topping: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
- Cook, stirring often, until the chocolate and butter have melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and immediately stir in Cocoa Krispies.
- Dollop fudge onto cooled brownies and spread to make an even, thick layer, then sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool completely, then slice into squares. (For cleaner slices, refrigerate brownies until very cold before slicing.)
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/