Filet mignons are often sold with a string tied around them to help keep their shape while cooking. Otherwise, tie them loosely with cotton kitchen twine yourself. (Be sure to remove strings before serving.)
Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon
Write a review
Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignons Ingredients
- 2 filet mignons, (5 to 6 ounces each, about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- Coarse salt and very coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Red Wine Sauce, for serving (optional)
Red Wine Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
- Coarse salt
Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignons Directions
- Season filets very generously on both sides with salt and pepper (especially pepper), patting in firmly.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high. Cook filets until desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) for medium-rare.
- Remove strings from filets, and serve with Red Wine Sauce, if desired.
Red Wine Sauce Directions
- Place 1 cup red wine in a small saucepan; boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons cold cut-up butter, and swirl pan until butter is melted and sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Season with coarse salt; serve with Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/