This updated version of the classic French Silk Pie is sure to be a hit with coffee and peppermint lovers. Using pasteurized eggs eliminates food safety concerns and allows everyone to enjoy this classic dessert.
Peppermint Mocha French Silk Pie
Write a review
2 hr 50 min
2 hr 50 min
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder or granules
- 4 pasteurized eggs*
- Sweetened whipped cream, finely chopped chocolate chips or crushed peppermint candies, if desired
- Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 15-second increments until chocolate is melted; cool. In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate, peppermint extract and coffee powder until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on high speed 2 minutes after each addition; beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour into cooled baked shell. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Garnish with remaining ingredients as desired. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 510, Total Fat 35g, Cholesterol 160mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 31g, Protein 4g
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/