Treat your family with this chilled and creamy eggnog – a perfect beverage to serve at any occasion.
Rich Homemade Eggnog
Write a review
2 hr 50 min
2 hr 50 min
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Additional freshly grated nutmeg
- In medium bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar with wire whisk until thick and lemon colored. In 2-quart saucepan, stir milk and 1 cup of the whipping cream. Add yolk mixture, stirring with whisk. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture just coats a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Place saucepan in cold water until custard is cool, stirring occasionally. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Just before serving, stir bourbon into chilled custard. In chilled small bowl, beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir whipped cream into custard. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Serve, or refrigerate until serving time. Eggnog can be stored covered in refrigerator up to 2 days.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Calories 497, Total Fat 34g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 27mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g, Fiber 0g, Protein 6g
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/