This cheesecake is going to be Thanksgiving dessert of your dreams. Click here for more Cheesecake recipes.
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Write a review
6 hr 25 min
6 hr 25 min
For the Cake
- 3 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
For the Oreo Crust
- 24 whole oreos
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 c. Caramel
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350º and position an oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Make cheesecake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin purée, eggs, sugars, sour cream, vanilla, flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and a generous pinch of salt and beat until combined and no clumps remain. Set aside.
- Make crust: In a large Ziploc bag or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, crush or blend Oreos until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and pour in melted butter. Stir until crumbs are completely coated and moist.
- Coat a 9" springform pan with cooking spray and press Oreo mixture into pan and 1/3 of the way up the sides, packing tightly. Pour cheesecake filling over crust.
- Place springform pan on a baking sheet (this will help catch any butter leaking from the crust since we're not pre-baking it) and bake until cheesecake is slightly jiggly in the center, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- (Cheesecakes tend to crack if you don't use a water bath. If you don't want to use one, bake as directed. If you do want to use a water bath, double wrap the outside of the pan in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Place on oven rack and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the pan. Bake as directed.)
- If not using a water bath: Remove pan from oven and run a knife around the inside of the pan to release the cheesecake. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack, then refrigerate until totally chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- If using a water bath: Turn oven off, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour. Remove pan from water and unwrap foil. Refrigerate cheesecake until totally chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, drizzle cheesecake with melted chocolate and caramel. Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip, if desired.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/