Challenged with a sweet tooth on a gluten-free diet? Try our yummy Gluten-Free Turtle Brownies where gluten free brownie mix marries with the classic turtle trio of chocolate, caramel and nuts for a decadent treat.
Gluten-Free Turtle Brownies
Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free brownie mix
- Butter and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 25 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of (8- or 9-inch) square pan. In medium bowl, stir together brownie mix, butter and eggs until blended. Spread 2/3 of batter in pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Drizzle caramel evenly over partially baked brownie. Sprinkle with half the chocolate chips and half the pecans. Drop remaining brownie batter by small spoonfuls onto caramel layer. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until top of brownie looks dry. Cool completely before cutting. Cut into squares, 4 rows by 4 rows.
- * To easily cut and remove bars from pan, cool at room temperature 1 hour. Then refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour. Cut and store at room temperature.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 300, Total Fat 13g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 30g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/