Creamy chocolate pudding and a fluffy peppermint-infused top layer combine in this sweet pie – a decadent dessert.
Holiday Chocolate-Mint Pie
Write a review
- 1 Pillsbury™ Pet•Ritz™ frozen deep dish pie crust (from 12-oz package)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 tablespoons crushed hard round peppermint candies
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake pie crust as directed on package for One-Crust Baked Shell. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, stir together 11/4 cups milk and the pudding mix; cook over medium heat as directed on box. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking while adding chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup milk and the marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly, just until marshmallows are melted. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream and peppermint extract with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Gently stir in marshmallow mixture. Gently stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed candies.
- Spread chocolate mixture in cooled shell; top with whipped cream mixture. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons crushed candies on top. Store covered in refrigerator.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 520, Total Fat 24g, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 71g, Fiber 2g, Protein 5g
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/