Home-cooked lasagna on a weeknight? Yes! Thanks to the slow cooker and no precooking of the noodles! I love this lasagna, it went together very easily and had great flavor.
Write a review
6 hr 35 min
6 hr 35 min
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
- * For lasagna with a kick, look for hot or spicy Italian sausage. Links can be used if bulk sausage isn't available. Just squeeze the meat out of the casings and cook as directed.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 670, Total Fat 31g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1770mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g, Protein 34g, Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 60%, Iron 20%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/