For a quick and easy cupcake frosting, choose butter frosting. The simple mixture of butter, powdered sugar, and milk is great piped on cupcakes and cakes.
Write a review
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 4 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Food coloring (optional)
- In a mixing bowl beat butter until fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in the 1/4 cup milk and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in remaining powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk, if needed, to reach spreading consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring. This frosts tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers.
- Per serving: 193 kcal cal., 5 g fat (3 g sat. fat, 14 mg chol., 54 mg sodium, 38 g carb. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/