This Coffee Cake earned the following comments: “I don’t even like these things, cranberries right? Yeah, I don’t even like them but this is delicious and it’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart and delicious!” So yes, you should make this.
Cranberry Coffee Cake
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup unrefined sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cups Greek plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- OPTIONAL ½ cup chopped walnuts, you can also use pecans
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, you can also use olive oil. I used olive oil
- ½ cup unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9 inch spring form pan and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan add cranberries and honey over medium to low heat. Cook for about 10 minutes until cranberries have soften like in the picture. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla and sugar. Add the flour and baking powder and combine. Pour thick batter onto the prepared baking pan. Gently spread cranberries over the batter like in the picture.
- In another bowl combing strudel topping and place over the cranberries. Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I baked my cake for 55.
- Cool cake in pan. Remove cake from the pan and serve. I actually serve my cake on the baking pan, I just remove the ring part.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/