It’s amazing how adding roasted garlic and grated lemon peel to purchased Alfredo sauce transforms these baked chicken wings into something truly special.
Creamy Parmesan-Garlic Chicken Wings
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 container (10 oz) fresh Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 3 lb chicken wingettes and drummettes
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with sides with heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
- To roast the garlic: Carefully peel paper-like skin from around bulb of garlic, leaving just enough to hold garlic cloves together. Cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch from top of bulb to expose cloves. Place cut side up on 12-inch square of foil. Drizzle bulb with 2 teaspoons oil. Wrap securely in foil. Place in pie plate or shallow baking pan.
- In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix 1 tablespoon oil, the salt, pepper and chicken. Seal bag; shake to coat.
- Place pie plate with foil-wrapped garlic in oven on lower rack. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Bake uncovered 30 minutes; turn chicken. Bake garlic about 15 minutes longer or until garlic is tender when pierced with toothpick or fork. Cool slightly. Bake chicken 5 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F).
- Gently squeeze soft garlic out of cloves, and press half of the garlic through a garlic press into 1-quart saucepan. Save remaining garlic for another use. Beat in Alfredo sauce and lemon peel with whisk; gently heat over medium-low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside. Toss chicken with half of the sauce. Serve warm with remaining sauce for dipping.
- * Roasted garlic is absolutely delicious. Roasting results in a mellow, mild flavor.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 220, Total Fat 17g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 2g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 0g, Protein 12g
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/