These classic European cookies with a strawberry jam filling are perfect to include in your Christmas or Thanksgiving dessert recipe list.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add flour, beating well.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheets. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon jam on each cookie. Fold opposite sides to center, slightly overlapping edges; press down lightly on centers.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/