Give traditional wild rice soup a twist with this creamy ham version. It’s in your slow cooker, filling the house with that mouth-watering aroma, in just 15 minutes.
Slow-Cooker Creamy Ham and Wild Rice Soup
Write a review
7 hr 30 min
7 hr 30 min
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup purchased julienne (matchstick-cut) carrots
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) reduced-sodium cream of celery soup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except half-and-half, almonds, sherry and parsley.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until hot.
- * Look for a bag of julienne-cut carrots or French-cut cooking carrots in the refrigerated vegetable section of your grocery store.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 290, Total Fat 12g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 1190mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g, Protein 17g, Vitamin A 80%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/