These Christmas Light Cupcakes are way better than lights on the tree. Click here for more Cupcake recipes.
Christmas Light Cupcakes
Write a review
- Devil’s food cake mix
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 c. Heavy cream, whipped
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Black decorating gel
- Mini M&Ms
- Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Make chocolate cupcakes according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Make cream cheese frosting: In a large bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy. Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Transfer to piping bag or large Ziploc bag. Frost cupcakes, making sure they are a good height. Trace a black line around the frosting with decorating gel. Stick M&Ms along the black line, imitating rainbow lights. Repeat to frost all 24 cupcakes.
Christmas Kitchen https://christmaskitchen.org/